Dates for the 2023 Woodstock Mayapple Writers’ Retreat will be announce early in 2023
Tired of the “star system” at writers’ workshops? Looking for a place offering time to write as well as fellowship and critique from other professionals? The Woodstock Mayapple Writers’ Retreat may be for you!
Designed for the “mid-career” literary writer, the retreat took place at Saginaw Valley State University in Michigan from 2003 to 2011. In 2012, retaining the original format, we moved to Woodstock, NY. For 2020 and 2021 we (temporarily) migrated online and had great success with the new format of Zoom breakout rooms and public “readings”.
For 2022 we offered the Retreat in a hybrid format. We met in person for those who wished to come and were vaccinated and boosted, while the Retreat also continued on Zoom for those who preferred Zoom.
Total enrollment is limited to 16, with workshop groups 3-5 people. In-person workshop groups will be separate from Zoom groups. Readings will present no more than 5 participants per evening, in person or remote, all broadcast on Facebook and recorded for YouTube.
Recharge your batteries, pick up new ideas and techniques, make friends and influence people, write and work with a discerning group of peers at Woodstock Mayapple Writers’ Retreat, a professional-level writers’ retreat and peer workshop with a comfortable, egalitarian atmosphere at a modest cost. Each year we have had a mix of about half returnees and half new people. We now offer poetry manuscript critique groups.
Who? Writers with significant publications (poetry, fiction, creative non-fiction).
What? A professional-level retreat and peer (teacherless) workshop with a comfortable, egalitarian atmosphere.
- Time to write in pleasant, comfortable, private surroundings.
- 2.5 hours per day in peer workshop groups of 3 to 5 people. Groups may decide to work more than this, but there will be lots of time to write.
- Poetry, poetry manuscript, fiction, creative non-fiction or mixed-genre groups available, based on attendees’ needs.
- Four public readings featuring participants. All participants featured in publicity.
- All participants are welcome to offer their books for sale at events.
- Informal opening evening meal and one special festive event/meal included
- Maximum enrollment of 16, so register soon!
Any questions? Send email to email@example.com or call Judith Kerman at 845-684-5519.
Woodstock Mayapple Writers’ Retreat (Main Page) – Woodstock Mayapple Writers’ Retreat Details – Woodstock Mayapple Writers’ Retreat Application Form and Payment – Past Retreats