Saturday August 5th – Thursday August 10th
Workshopping every morning.
Tired of the “star system” at writers’ workshops? Looking for time to write as well as fellowship and critique from other professionals? The Woodstock Mayapple Writers’ Retreat may be for you!
Designed for the “mid-career” literary writer, the retreat took place at Saginaw Valley State University in Michigan from 2003 to 2011. In 2012, retaining the original format, we moved to Woodstock, NY. For 2020 and 2021 we migrated online and had great success with the new format of Zoom breakout rooms and public “readings.”
In 2023 we are offering the Retreat in a hybrid format, as we did in 2022. We will meet in person for those who wish to come, while the Retreat will continue on Zoom for those who prefer to avoid travel. We are not renting a building this year.
Total enrollment is limited to 16, with workshop groups 3-5 people. In-person workshop groups will be separate from Zoom groups. Readings will present no more than 5 participants per evening, in person or remote, all broadcast on Facebook and recorded for YouTube.
Recharge your batteries, pick up new ideas and techniques, make friends and influence people, write and work with a discerning group of peers at Woodstock Mayapple Writers’ Retreat, a professional-level writers’ retreat and peer workshop with a comfortable, egalitarian atmosphere at a modest cost. Each year we have had a mix of about half returnees and half new people. We now offer poetry manuscript critique groups.
Who? Writers with significant publications (poetry, fiction, creative non-fiction).
What? A professional-level retreat and peer (teacherless) workshop with a comfortable, egalitarian atmosphere.
- Time to write in pleasant, comfortable, private surroundings.
- 2.5 hours per day in peer workshop groups of 3 to 5 people. Groups may decide to work more than this, but there will be lots of time to write.
- Poetry, poetry manuscript, fiction, creative non-fiction or mixed-genre groups available, based on attendees’ needs.
- Four public readings featuring participants. All participants featured in publicity.
- All participants are welcome to offer their books for sale at events.
- Informal opening evening meal and one special festive event/meal included
- Maximum enrollment of 16, so register soon!
Any questions? Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Judith Kerman at 845-684-5519.